Student Clubs and Intramurals at Attea
2016-2017 School Year
Clubs and Intramurals meet on different schedules during the week on Mondays and Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Late Activity Buses are available to students who stay after school for a supervised activity from 3:05-4:05. Late Buses run on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only. There are no late buses on Thursdays.
- Attea Ambassadors: as needed
- As a part of the work of Attea's Student Council, the Ambassadors support special events at Attea by welcoming visitors and guests as well as providing information and tours as necessary.
- Art Club: Mrs. Harwell - Wednesdays
- We will experience a variety of media and paint the entire musical set. This is a great opportunity to participate in an enriching extracurricular activity. All grade levels are welcome to join art club!
- Builders Club: Mrs. Lindner, Miss Caputo - Meetings are announced over the PA
- Builders Club provides students with an opportunity to engage with the community through parcipation in various charitable activities and events throughout the year.
- Chess Club: Wednesdays after school
- Chess Club is a fee-based activity sponsored by our PTA. Registration forms can be picked up in the office.
- Come On In Club: Miss Weinketz, Mr. Polonsky - Volunteer opportunities are shared by teams
- Come On In Club is a peer program seeking kind and compassionate students to help out during lunch/classroom time in Ms. Weinketz's class! Come On In Club gives students an opportunity to help out once a week for 30 minutes. Students can help Ms. Weinketz's students with academics and life skills, become a friend and mentor, and learn to be patient and flexible!
- Drama Club: Mrs. Shellard Tuesdays
- Drama club is open to everyone and is a drop in club. We meet Tuesdays in Mrs. Shellard's room from 3:00 - 4:05. During club time, we create characters, play improvisational games and plan events/outings to see theatre.
- Finance Club: Mrs. Andrews, Tuesdays
- This is a club that explores interesting topics related to finances and money. You will learn the basics about the stock market, managing your money, and even learn about the budget issues in Illinois. If you are interested in joining this club, please scan the QR code on the announcement flier. Our first meeting will be on Tuesday, February 9th, from 3-4pm in room A318. See Mrs. Andrews (Jigsaw Science Teacher) with any questions or for more information.
- Gamers Club: Mr. Hansen, Fridays
- Gamers Club provides students with an opportunity to "hang out" with friends in a supervised setting and play video games, board games, etc.
- Global Language Cafe: Ms. D'Alessandro, Ms. Noonan Tuesdays
- This club meets in Mlle. Noonan's room from 3:00 - 4:00pm and in Sra. D'Alessandro's room on Thursday mornings from 7:30am - 8:15am. This is a great time to work with other students in practicing your French or Spanish lessons, get caught up on work, study for quizzes and tests and enjoy tasty treats!
- Hispano Youth Leadership Academy (HYLA): Mr. Rodriguez, Mrs. Felman, Mrs. Perona, Mrs. Fussichen, Tuesdays
- Soccer - Ms. Cross, Mondays and Tuesdays this Winter
- Miss Cross is open other sports based on student interest and attendance.
- Soccer - Ms. Cross, Mondays and Tuesdays this Winter
- Jazz Band: Mrs. Reatherford Mondays (open to band and orchestra members)
- Long Boarding Club: Miss Kall Tuesdays
- Longboarding club is a club that welcomes all kids that don't know or already know how to longboard or skateboard! This is a chance for us to get together and teach one another how to skate and to encourage young girls to step out of their boundaries and try a new sport! Helmets are required and we will be skating behind the school on the bike path around the lake. Eventually we will have some races around the pond. If you have a skateboard or longboard bring it to the club, if not no worries we will have extra boards and teach you where the best place is to purchase them! Kids will even have the chance to special order a board with the Attea logo on it! Longboarding club will happen when the weather is nice out on Tuesdays after school, a morning announcement will be made to let kids know if we are meeting or not on Tuesday mornings.
- Design Engineering Club (Formerly MakerSpace Club): Mr. Ristow, Mrs. D'Alessandro , Ms. Mocogni, Ms. Davitz Wednesdays from 3-4
- Do you like to design 3D objects, code, play with circuits, create green screen movies? If you do, come join the Design Engineering Club, formerly Maker Space Club. We will meet every Wednesday from 3:00 to 4:00, in the LRC. The first meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 19th. All are welcome.
- Rebecca Caudill Reading Club: Mrs. Nekola
- The students who join the Rebecca Caudill Book Club are going to try and read as many books as they can from the 2016 Rebecca Caudill list. Club participants will earn incentive prizes after they have read 3, 6, 9 or all 21 books on the list. To join the club students need to enroll in the Schoology Rebecca Caudill Course, access code: MFZW9-9SFRF.
- Science Olympiad: Mrs. Nathaus, Mr. Ristow, Mrs. Moon https://sites.google.com/site/atteascienceolympiad/hom
- A multiple school competition where a group of students compete in different hands-on events in the fields of biology, chemistry, earth science, physics, engineering and technology. There are a total of 23 different events that students can participate and compete in at a regional level competition. The season runs from October through April. (See Science Olympiad Calendar on schoology or contact Mrs. Nathaus, email@example.com)
- Student Council: Information about Student Council will be shared via the PA
- Yearbook Club: Mrs. D'Alessandro Meeting Times: To be determined
- Do you like to take pictures or document major events with quotes and interviews? Do you like to design pages with photographs and artwork? If so, yearbook is the club for you! We meet periodically during the week to upload photos and work on layouts. Photographers are needed for not only in school events but before and after school events too! If you have a passion for documenting our school year, see Ms. D'Alessandro!